I wanted to drive 550 miles to Atlanta to visit my daughter who just lost one of her best friends. I haven’t seen my 4-year old grandson in 3 months and, quite frankly, I’m feeling a bit lonely. But, according to friends & family:
- You’re going on a road trip through Atlanta next week
- You’re going to wear yourself out and get sick
- You just went camping for 3 days in Key West
- Think of the cost of gas
- You’re going on a 1,500 mile road trip next week – that’s going to cost a bundle
- What will you do with your cats?
- What about your quilt customers, are you caught up with their orders?
- You’re going to drive 550 miles up there and 550 miles back for just 3 days?
So, yesterday it took me exactly 8 hours to drive from my house to my daughter’s because I can.