I spent my working life wandering:
- My gaze would wander to the window and I’d daydream
- My thoughts would wander to fun things I’d rather be doing
- My fingers would wander during meetings and I’d begin doodling
- My feet would wander around the building to visit co-workers and “network”
- My spirit would wander in search of adventure in exotic venues
Now that I’m retired, I can and do wander purposefully. I travel solo, or with my husband, or with my sister wherever an itch and my bank account will allow. Every day is an adventure … even if it’s only setting my self-cleaning oven and watching the flash fire it caused while calming my hysterical husband who couldn’t open the locked oven door to put out the fire. (FYI – the fire got the oven really clean really fast, just a quick swipe with a damp cloth to clean up the ashes.)
Obviously my mind also wanders when I’m given an assignment to explain the name and tagline of my blog. I think it speaks for itself.